In the first of two landmark podcasts, Allan Clarke former lead singer of The Hollies, talks about his incredible career to The Strange Brew’s Jason Barnard. The first show takes us through the Clarke, Hicks and Nash Years as well playing two choice cuts from his excellent solo collection, Sideshow on RPM/Cherry Red.
- Allan Clarke – Born To Run (Single A-side, EMI, 1975)
- Evie Sands – I Can’t Let Go (Single A-side, Blue Cat (US), 1965)
- The Rokes – Grazie A Te (Single A-side, Arc (Italy), 1965)
- The Everly Brothers – Hard Hard Year (Two Yanks in England, Warner Brothers (US), 1966)
- The Hollies – Stop Stop Stop (Single A-side, Parlophone, 1966)
- Dana Gillespie – Pay You Back With Interest (Single A-side, Pye, 1967)
- The Hollies – On A Carousel (Single A-side, Parlophone, 1967)
- Peter Sellers & The Hollies – After The Fox (Single A-side, United Artists, 1966)
- The Teenmakers – Lullaby to Tim (Teenmakers, Elite Special (Den), 1968)
- The Socitie – Bird Has Flown (Single A-side, Deram, 1967)
- Nicky James – Would You Believe (Single A-side, Philips, 1968)
- The Strangers – Step Inside (Single B-side To I’m On An Island, Pye, 1968)
- The Hollies – Wings (No One’s Gonna Change Our World, Regal Starline, 1969)
- Allan Clarke – Blinded By The Light (I’ve Got Time, EMI, 1976)
Listen to a mix of legendary, rare and cult tracks from and connected to the fantastic Allan Clarke, one of the greatest voices the music scene has ever produced.