In the final show of a two part podcast, legendary engineer Phill Brown shares stories from his autobiography ‘Are We Still Rolling?’.
This show takes us from Phill’s latter day sessions engineering for Island, including recording landmark albums by Steve Winwood and John Martyn; navigating the 1980s with Talk Talk, to critical and commercial success in the 1990s to the present day, with Robert Plant, Dido, Bombay Bicycle Club, Mark Nevin, Crazy World of Arthur Brown and more.
- The Sensational Alex Harvey Band – Boston Tea Party (SAHB Stories, Mountain, 1976)
- Stomu Yamashta/ Steve Winwood/ Michael Shrieve – Air Over/Crossing The Line/Man of Leo (Go, Island, 1976)
- Steve Winwood -Vacant Chair (Steve Winwood, Island, 1977)
- John Martyn – One World (One World, Island, 1977)
- Talk Talk – I Believe In You (Spirit of Eden, Parlophone, 1988)
- Kristin Hersh – Your Ghost (Hips and Makers, 4AD, 1994)
- Dido – Thank You (No Angel, Arista/Cheeky, 1999)
- Robert Plant – Morning Dew (Dreamland, Mercury, 2002)
- Beth Gibbons & Rustin Man – Romance (Out Of Season, Go! Beat, 2002)
- Midnight Choir – Requiem (Waiting For The Bricks To Fall, S2, 2003)
- Bombay Bicycle Club – Flaws (Flaws, Mmm/Universal, 2010)
- Mark Nevin – Beautiful Guitars (Beautiful Guitars, Raresong Recordings, 2014)
- Crazy World of Arthur Brown – Zim Zam Zim (Zim Zam Zim, Bronzerat, 2014)
The first part of this podcast, including link to accompanying written feature, can be found at: