In the final installment of two landmark podcasts, Allan Clarke former lead singer of The Hollies, talks about his incredible career to The Strange Brew’s Jason Barnard. The second show takes us from 1969 to the present day with extensive coverage of Allan’s solo career as well as more Hollies hits and gems.
- Jon Brion – Sorry Suzanne (Sing Hollies In Reverse, Eggbert Records, 1995)
- The Hollies – He Ain’t Heavy, He’s My Brother (Single A-side, Polydor, 1969)
- Elton John – Can’t Tell The Bottom From The Top (Chartbusters Go Pop! 20 Legendary Covers, Madacy, 1996 rec 1970)
- Vince Neil – Long Cool Woman (Tattoos & Tequila, Eleven Seven Music, 2010)
- Allan Clarke – Who? (Headroom, EMI, 1973)
- The Hollies – The Air That I Breathe (Single A-side, Polydor, 1974)
- Allan Clarke – Don’t Let Me Down Again (Allan Clarke, EMI, 1974)
- Gary Walker – Hello, How Are You (Single A-side, United Artists, 1974)
- Allan Clarke – The Long Way (I’ve Got Time, EMI, 1976)
- Allan Clarke – Stand By Me (I’ve Got Time, EMI, 1976)
- The Hollies – Say It Ain’t So, Joe (Five Three One-Double Seven o Four, Polydor, 1979)
- King Penguin – Dear Eloise (Re-Evolution: FdM Sings The Hollies, Fruits de Mer, 2013)
- The Hollies – If The Lights Go Out (1st version) (The Long Road Home, EMI, 2003 rec 1980)
- Allan Clarke – The Survivor (Legendary Heroes, Elektra, 1980)
To tie in with the release of Allan Clarke’s excellent solo collection, Sideshow on RPM/Cherry Red, listen to another mix of legendary, rare and cult tracks from and connected to the fantastic Allan Clarke.